Saturday, September 13, 2008

no one likes nasty attention

I won't go into the details of that story and where that saying came from, but just think about it. Nasty attention? Who needs it? Especially if you have friends like I do. I got off work a little early today and went up to pick up Ryan from school. I secretly love to pick Ryan up from school cause that means I get to park the car and head up to the BYUSA offices. I was lucky enough to tag along on a trip to disneyland with alot of kids that work in the office, and I love seeing them. Alot of them have become, or already were dear friends....love it. And they give me normal attention. No nasty.
Tonight I was able to go to dinner with a dear friend and have normal conversation. normal attention. We met up with other friends to go to a luau. My cousin Heather was there (love love love) and other favorites. Normal. Then we headed to rock the block and met up with some all time favorite efyers and of course...Ryan and Cog. Excluding the speakers, normal. (sorry, dancing with the speakers are just a necesary part of rock the block and are not considered normal. please love me anyways) I am grateful for normal friends and normal attention. No one likes nasty attention.
Changing topics, I left work early today to go pick up my check from the bank. I'm getting my car tomorrow! The bank wasn't quite ready for me so I stopped by my old job to say hi and see my old co-workers. Turns out they had two people to look at glasses and no optician. Did I sell two pairs of glasses today? Did I put the orders in the computer and order lenses online through their insurance? Did I collect over $300 dollars from them for their visit? You betcha....and i loved every second of it! I was suprised how much I miss selling glasses. When you do it everyday, I know it can get old. But my goodness, it was a weird feeling to leave my new job where I still feel so new and insecure about my responsibilities and go to a place where tasks are so familiar and I know everything. It made me want to pick out a new pair of glasses....like I don't have enough already :)
Okay. It's past my bedtime, and I need my rest. I'm going to pick up my baby tomorrow! I am so excited!!! Don't worry, you will see pictures soon...and they will be incredible.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Good post B.

Tiff said...

Thrilled about your car (I realize it's not this post) and your day with non-nasty attention. Remember how we need to find ME a new pair of glasses? What happened to that? Am I now being shunned by mother? ;)
Love ya!