Friday, August 28, 2009
i'm leaving one home to go to another...going to vegas today. more wedding celebrations are in store. and i haven't been home since easter, so it will be nice to just be at my house. warm weather (scratch that...burning HOT weather, but that's okay.) mom's home cookin'. my family. sounds like a great weekend, eh?
i haven't felt sad to leave provo in a while. right now i'm a little sad. needless to say my roomates and i are almost a little giddy about our current living situation. we like it. alot. and so it will be weird to miss out of some of the party this weekend while we work to get more situated.
remember how a co-worker told me this morning i sounded like a man? i have had a definite lack of sleep the past two weeks between wedding and moving. enter: raspy man voice. i almost die at work, but then i get home and seem to be wide awake when it comes to moving in and decorating. i really have been trying to get to bed at a decent hour. i have a feeling i won't be catching up this weekend....
Thursday, August 27, 2009
latest news: i officially no longer live in an apartment building. i checked out last night and turned in my key (and garage door opener....don't ask.) it was a good feeling to be done with that place. sadly, it never felt like home there. i wasn't sad to leave.
and now i live in the sugar shack. no dishwasher, no central air, no garage door opener and no outside barbeques....and i'm thrilled about it. couches are being delivered today. pictures are slowly making their way up on the walls. and my little whicker chairs are out on the front porch.
pin a rose on my nose.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
i've been working in my room since i've been home from work. okay, so i watched gilmore girls first. big deal. is there anything better than opening your window in a rainstorm and letting the sounds and smells come in? yes. yes there is. sitting on the porch of your house and enjoying a rain storm.
don't worry, the sugar shack has a front porch, with two very cute whicker chairs.
new development. i have alot to do, but i'm losing motivation to do the stinky stuff. laundry...packing...cleaning. boo. i want to play with family and friends. catch up on movies. sleep.
this weekend lindsey moves in. let me explain. she has to be out of her house on the 19th. do you see a problem here? yes. the week of homelessness in provo is back. i see it as a real problem. i've worked it out with my management that i'll be able to stay until i can move into my new place. lindsey is my cousin visiting from out of town and staying with me. tricky, i know. it will be nice to not be alone in the house. tricky with only one key, but we'll make it work.
well, back to work. or to browse facebook. now that i've gotten in a comfortable position with my computer on my bed, i seem to have lost the motivation to deal with the large pile of clothes on my floor. hmmfph.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
we are officially on wedding countdown in my family. the little last minute things are creeping up on us and requiring attention. i'm not stressed. i'm excited. i like having things to celebrate with my family.
so, i've started the ultimate packing project. i don't move for 2 more weeks, but i looked around at my belongings and told myself i needed to purge. i have 3 bins that i have moved with me for years. i have no idea what's in them. correction. i do now. i went through them tonight, and threw away 2 bins worth of "sentimental" things i couldn't seem to throw away years before. let me tell you a few things i found when i cleaned out these bins...and my desk.
- my cortizone cream. bring on the bug bites. (just kidding, i would rather never use it)
- 5 pairs of glasses. i'm sorry. but it's the truth. some are more updated prescriptions than others, but for the most part, i feel like i have a new collection of glasses. that brings to total of prescription glasses to 10.
- pictures galore. some are from phases of life i'd rather forget. good thing i'm not feeling sentimental tonight. i chucked em. others were fun to look at, and brought back memories of good times. yee haw.
- 7 For Strength of Youth Pamphlets. what? i love the youth. i still am a youth. the pamphlet applies. (yes, i kept them all)
- my old ipod. yes, pick up your jaw off the floor. it's playing on my ipod base right now. spice girls. hsm. efy goodness. i put that baby on shuffle and can't get enough.
- i found my ipod running strap. ok, so i don't know the official name for such things, but i own one, and i have an ipod that will fit in it. boo yah. (yes. old nsync just started playing. life is good)
- my old tax information. i always knew i had it in a "safe place". now i know where that place is.
- i now have a full first aid kit. i never knew i owned so many bandaids.
- my watch collection. okay, so all the batteries are dead. i need to get that fixed, but basically, i think it's high time i started wearing watches again. especially when they are cute watches, which they are.
- my ring i bought in puerto rico. i love this ring. i've missed this ring. not to get sentimental on a non sentimental night, but cindy has a matching ring. (nerdy, i know) i miss her, and with out a phone charger, i am afraid to call her....talk for hours...and not have a charged phone to work as an alarm clock for me in the morning
- but really...why am i fretting....i found my ALARM CLOCK from my freshman year of college. still works.
- 1 million cds. i really need to go through them and put those tunes on my computer. heaven sakes, i have 2 ipods to fill.
can you say GOLD MINE ?!?!?! i feel like i just went on a shopping spree!
next thing i need to do is go through my closet. i get tired just thinking about it. but you better believe i'm taking a load to plato's closet. has anyone had luck there? i'm afraid i'll take my clothes there and they'll laugh at me... "you want us to pay you for this??" i guess it's worth a shot. what they don't take, DI won't stick it's nose up to....right?
i'm determined to move only half of the stuff i currently own to my new residence. okay, that might be a little harsh, but there is no need for me to have so much stuff. the maddness has got to stop.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
i'm spoiled. spoiled rotten. i can officially say i've lived on the water for 5 full days. the stewart family was beyond generous and had everything provided for the entire trip. i showed up, ate like a queen, watched movies, napped, tubed, went exploring, hiked and played all week long. it was a blast to get to know some extended family better and to be able to spend time with cousins i don't get to see often enough. thanks again for such a fun week!!
trying to ease back into normal life was a little harder than i thought. going back to work wasn't as painful as i was expecting, but it wasn't fun. it's crazy to think it's already august. august is CRAZY.
events is august:
-halie's bridal shower
-work boating party
-make my skirt for the wedding
-my birthday :)
-ryan and halie's wedding
-move into the sugar shack
-open house in las vegas
-my last cleaning check in fdl FOREVER
okay, so maybe that doesn't seem like such a ridiculous list, but it sure seems like i have alot to do in a short amount of time. happy august.
ps. i would post pictures from lake powell, but i don't have any. why you ask? my camera is gone forever. dropped in the water? no no. it got tucked in a side pocket and somehow slipped down...into the belly of the boat. you heard me. it's chillin down there in a little puddle of water. forever. am i depressed?? i only cried once about it. in the big scheme of things, it is only a camera....but i'm still sad.
pps. remember how i said i'm making my skirt for the wedding?? domestic, i know. i thought after making my cousins temple bag that i was an expert seamstress. wrong. i opened up my pattern for the cutest skirt of all time and thought i was reading another language. wish me luck. i'm thinking i'll need it.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
i got home last week late wednesday night. my cousin (who was so kind to lend me her suitcase for my trip) called the next day needing it back to a weekend getaway to st. george. you guessed it. i opened up that baby and dumped it out on my bedroom floor. three days later i packed my bags again and left for a week at lake powell.
i just got home, and needless to say my room is trashed. er, was trashed. what was waiting for me on the kitchen table? a cleaning check paper. that's right. read it and weep. i have never had a phrase quite literally define my life, but i really did almost start to cry. my roomates had cleaned most everything, but i had to clean my parts of the bathroom....and my bedroom. curses.
can i remind you that i'm sunburned at tired? oh yeah, i'm picking up my brother at 7 am from efy and then driving to salt lake for a bridal shower and a fun filled day with cousins. i decided to check my facebook real quick before i headed off to clean the bathroom, and now i've been sitting here for 30 minutes. duh. i will hate myself for that tomorrow.
off to scrub a toilet. lucky me.
(really though, lucky me. i'll post about the most amazing trip to powell when i'm back sunday night...at leat i'll try)