we are officially on wedding countdown in my family. the little last minute things are creeping up on us and requiring attention. i'm not stressed. i'm excited. i like having things to celebrate with my family.
so, i've started the ultimate packing project. i don't move for 2 more weeks, but i looked around at my belongings and told myself i needed to purge. i have 3 bins that i have moved with me for years. i have no idea what's in them. correction. i do now. i went through them tonight, and threw away 2 bins worth of "sentimental" things i couldn't seem to throw away years before. let me tell you a few things i found when i cleaned out these bins...and my desk.
- my cortizone cream. bring on the bug bites. (just kidding, i would rather never use it)
- 5 pairs of glasses. i'm sorry. but it's the truth. some are more updated prescriptions than others, but for the most part, i feel like i have a new collection of glasses. that brings to total of prescription glasses to 10.
- pictures galore. some are from phases of life i'd rather forget. good thing i'm not feeling sentimental tonight. i chucked em. others were fun to look at, and brought back memories of good times. yee haw.
- 7 For Strength of Youth Pamphlets. what? i love the youth. i still am a youth. the pamphlet applies. (yes, i kept them all)
- my old ipod. yes, pick up your jaw off the floor. it's playing on my ipod base right now. spice girls. hsm. efy goodness. i put that baby on shuffle and can't get enough.
- i found my ipod running strap. ok, so i don't know the official name for such things, but i own one, and i have an ipod that will fit in it. boo yah. (yes. old nsync just started playing. life is good)
- my old tax information. i always knew i had it in a "safe place". now i know where that place is.
- i now have a full first aid kit. i never knew i owned so many bandaids.
- my watch collection. okay, so all the batteries are dead. i need to get that fixed, but basically, i think it's high time i started wearing watches again. especially when they are cute watches, which they are.
- my ring i bought in puerto rico. i love this ring. i've missed this ring. not to get sentimental on a non sentimental night, but cindy has a matching ring. (nerdy, i know) i miss her, and with out a phone charger, i am afraid to call her....talk for hours...and not have a charged phone to work as an alarm clock for me in the morning
- but really...why am i fretting....i found my ALARM CLOCK from my freshman year of college. still works.
- 1 million cds. i really need to go through them and put those tunes on my computer. heaven sakes, i have 2 ipods to fill.
can you say GOLD MINE ?!?!?! i feel like i just went on a shopping spree!
next thing i need to do is go through my closet. i get tired just thinking about it. but you better believe i'm taking a load to plato's closet. has anyone had luck there? i'm afraid i'll take my clothes there and they'll laugh at me... "you want us to pay you for this??" i guess it's worth a shot. what they don't take, DI won't stick it's nose up to....right?
i'm determined to move only half of the stuff i currently own to my new residence. okay, that might be a little harsh, but there is no need for me to have so much stuff. the maddness has got to stop.