Wednesday, November 26, 2008
i've seen this on a few other peoples blogs and thought i'd give it a try. you are just supposed to bold the things on the list you have done. feel free to copy and paste this to your blog and do it yourself!
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band (performing group?? done.)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (tickets were sold out...so we just walked around the bottom :( ...)
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked (i know someone who picked up a hitch hiker. gross)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon ( i started training for one once...)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen an eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain (dang..)
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone (NO!! thank goodness...)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car (it was new to me, does that count?)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury (it was a mock jury, but it was in a real courtroom! i'm counting it.)
91. Met someone famous (good thing i didn't ask him to throw away my trash...)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
well, i officially have about an hour and a half left at work before i go home and enjoy a lazy weekend with my family. i can already tell it will be really hard to come back to work on monday.
Monday, November 24, 2008
- it hasn't snowed yet. well, there was that one day in october, but it melted long ago. it tends to storm up when my family comes, so who knows...maybe the slopes will open the day after thanksgiving after all
- my family is driving up on wednesday. fantastic. beb and matthew called last night being silly while doing dishes and listening to christmas music and it got me more than excited for them to get here.
- Ali and I are starting a new running schedule. is the holiday season the best time to start a new diet or exercise routine? why not. (and now that i've posted about it, any of you are allowed to check up on me and my so called running schedule.)
- i am officially listening to christmas music, and i love it.
- have you ever asked a famous person to throw away your trash for you? just wondering how that works, and how it made you feel.
- i am so grateful for dear friends that i can have real conversations with. by real, i mean things that really mean something to me.
- i love my ward. i love my hometeachers. i love my visiting teachers. i love institute. love my bishop. love my rs presidency. and i got my visiting teaching done yesterday. love.
- i am learning to laugh at certain things in life that, maybe before, would have been annoying. you can either be annoyed and get frustrated, or laugh about it. laughing has been good medicine.
- i like to cook, but sometimes just can't think of anything easy to cook. i love chicken and happen to have a bag of frozen little tenders in the freezer. any recipie ideas that are easy, healthy and scrumptious?
- i finally got to talk to cindy yesterday. our conversations these days are quite hilarious because we have to much to catch up on. ridiculouso.
- reminder that i only have to work THREE days this week. count em' bucko. THREE. and then i get to play with my family, which i love...even though i don't get to go home to vegas.
- our vaccum is broken. by broken, i mean a screw is missing so the handle comes off. our management took it about 2 weeks ago to "fix it". when i saw them yesterday, they asked me if i had the screw. really? if i had the parts, i would have just fixed it myself. the fact that we called you means we couldn't fix it. i now realize how much i liked to vaccum my front room, and how excited i will be to get it back.
- weekly challenge. remember our weekly dating challenge? we invited a male to partake in the goodness of the weekly challenge, but he is stumped for dating ideas. i don't know that i'm any better. does anyone have fun dating ideas now that it's cold outside?
- we are having a ward auction, and auctioning off service things. we are supposed to get creative (dinner, editing a paper, cleaning a car...) and ali and i wanted to sign up for something but we can't think of anything cool. any ideas?
i dare you to reply to all my questions. no, i double dog dare you.
Friday, November 21, 2008
sorry, another sesame street flashback.
both of my grandmas have had trips to the hospital in the past week, and man alive am i grateful for modern medicine! they are both home and doing great.
i love grandparents, and i've been lucky to have them in my life. alot of people i talk to don't interact with their grandparents much. i'm glad i'm not like that. i consider myself lucky for the time i get to spend with them and sometimes forget how much i can learn from them if i sit back and listen (or watch). they have lived wonderful lives, with the gospel at it's center.
today i'm grateful for my grandparents.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
next question: was it worth it? still trying to decide.
ps. i showed up to work today and a whole slew of girls are all wearing purple today. what are the chances?? and how does that even happen? weird.
also...congrats to sara and jacob for having their cute baby elliot. dang cute, and i'm glad baby and mom are doing well. can't wait to babysit!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
my office likes to be invovled in the community. did we "adopt a highway"? yes. are they asking for help to clean up university parkway on friday from 11-1? yes. do i get paid for it? yes. do i get to wear a bright orange vest? (safety first) yes. do they feed us lunch when we get back? yes. do i get to leave early? YES.
so many questions. so many yes's.
so....if you are driving down university parkway on friday between state street and university avenue, keep an eye out for me. i'll be the one getting paid to pick up trash to better our community.
i have speakers, but for the last little bit, i couldn't get them to work. i finally brought my earphones to work thinking they would save me from the deathly silence that almost put me to sleep. i tried everything! i was unplugging and plugging back in chords and turning knobs. i was convinced the speakers had broken and thought i was doomed to silence.
then it came to me. i checked the volume control on the computer. yes, that little speaker icon in the right hand bottom corner of your computer screen? it was turned all the way down. and now i jam to the tunes of friends blogs all day. a earphone in one ear while i answer phones with the other.
that brings up a whole 'nother thing. i am having to retrain myself to multi-task like this. when i worked at UVSC (now UVU!!) in the registration office, i always had one headphone in, and my phone headset on the other. the music was to keep me from slitting my wrists in the silence of that office, but i got really good at zoning out the music when i got a phonecall. who wants to push pause or take out the earphone everytime a call comes in? i am quite proud of myself that i could do such a thing, and am excited to start it up again. the music really helps the day go faster, so i'm grateful for it.
ps...are they called earphones? i know headphones are the ones that go on your head, but the ones that go in your ears...earphones, right? (after i typed it so many times, it started to sound weird)
long story short. i am jammin' at work. don't worry. i don't dance...AT ALL. i know, several of you are very proud of me. sometimes i do tap my finger if it's a catchy tune. let's just hope i don't forget one day and start singing outloud. goo.
Monday, November 17, 2008
i'm back at work. another monday. can you sense the excitement in my voice? great.
i taught my first rs lesson yesterday, and i feel like it went okay. i got participation from the class (eventually) and went over on my time (whoops). but i feel good about it, and i'm excited to teach again. oh yes, and i got to see my sunday crush yesterday. (duh, it was sunday) as if sundays aren't good enough already, my sunday crush was fantastic yesterday. done and done.
ok, onto the important stuff (not that sunday crush isn't important, but still.) James Bond came out last weekend. I've heard it's a winner, and even though i probably wouldn't seek out james bond alone, my dad and brothers are bond fans. it rubs off on me, and i want to see it. dilemna. do you remember what comes out this coming weekend. TWILIGHT goodness. how do you choose between such things? Friday night it work christmas party, so i won't be seeing anything friday. saturday movie marathon madness? it might just happen.
confession: sometimes i do things in my cubicle...that i would only do in my cubicle. okay, that sounds ridiculous, and now i don't know how to explain myself.
example-- i just took a huge bite of granola goodness. like mouth full of a bite bigger than i would EVER take in front of other people. but i'm in my cubicle so no one could see. safe, right? until the phone rings. great. good thing no one can see me, since i had to spit it all out on the wrapper to answer the phone. sick, i know. but welcome to my life. and my cubicle. i would love to say "more cubicle secrets to come"...but some things are just private. and lets be serious, i don't know who reads this blog. (enter: the great goodness of the secret blog, which is not realy THAT secret, but it seems cool to pretend)
okay, okay. back to work. maybe. i feel another post coming on...
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
sorry. childhood flashback.
there was this song on sesame street growing up that goes like this:
it's a rainy day, it's a rainy day.
it's raining outside so i can't go out and play,
why do we need the rain, anyway?
(extra points if you actually KNOW that song...)
it goes on to tell all of the benefits of rain. i wish i could remember that part of the song today. i really do enjoy the rain...when i'm home in my pajamas watching a stellar old school movie that is now back in my life. but when i'm at work, and the whole office feels darker because of the lack of sun and the all encompassing wettness outside...i don't love the rain. it feels like it's 8:00 at night. it probably doesn't help that i worked through lunch today (which means i do get to leave in 30 minutes- major plus) and that i'm also anxiously awaiting a package in the mail from brooklyn, new york. if it is not in my mailbox when i get home, i will be very disappointed.
the partners and managers are going on a retreat this weekend in st. george. do you know what that means? the office will be dead. no one will be here....specifically the people i work for. so i have things i could be doing today, but i figure i better save some stuff for while they are gone or else i'll be tempted to skip out early with nothing to do.
i love family traditions, especially things i do with my siblings. it sounds silly to say tradition. it's more like second nature now. every time i go home, i make matthew tweety pancakes (crepes). he doesn't have to ask me to make them, and i don't have to ask if he wants them. it's just a given. bethany's home. i will have tweeties in the morning. i love that.
ok, i wasn't planning on devoting this blog to brotherly love, but thats what it's turned into...and i'm okay with that. and if you think getting along with my brothers isn't on my mental list of things i look for in a future spouse, you're insane. not that that will be hard. the poor boy will probably marry me for my brothers. and i wouldn't blame him.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
if this doesn't make you love ryan and miss nathan, you are a crazy person
(even if you don't know them...)
Sunday, November 9, 2008
i never named my new car, but i did name this little flasher. if i dont have my seatbelt on, nancy flashes and beeps at me every thirty seconds. sometimes i talk to nancy, and tell her we're almost there, and once i was bad and just turned up my music to ignore her.
here's a shocker. ali and i both had dates last night. truth. (okay, not to say "date". i dont want to start a ruckus. i don't want to assume. but when there are four people, 2 boys and 2 girls, eating dinner together and watching a movie, i call that a date. even if you don't call me when you get here and never mention the word "date" 3 years before or after the actual event) doesn't ali look hot?? we still havent had a chance to talk about the evening with eachother, but i did blog about it on the secret blog (where secret blog members dreams come true).
and now it's sunday. another weekend gone. the weekends never seem to be quite long enough, but i guess thats how the cookie crumbles. now onto the next task. finding a date to the work christmas party. gross. and what do you do when you ask someone...and they turn you down. ouch. slightly painful, and i know he would come if he could, but still. dang. no other options, and i've already rsvp'd for 2. and i don't dare bring a girl...because i don't go on dates with girls (yes on 8) i'd take my brother, but he has a mustache. life is so hard.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
and look how much can change in a year! i won't go down the list, but it's funny to think about. i just laugh at myself a year ago, and then get a little depressed that i'll probably laugh at my current self a year from now. dang. i guess thats good and means i'm progressing, right? right.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
- i'm going to listen to christmas music on the way home from work today. (sorry, mom)
- i need to drink more water
- i'm glad the elections are over
- my room will never stay clean
- i love scarves and i need to buy more
- one weekend with cindy just won't be enough
- i like the one week challenge, even when ali laughs at me during my phone call :)
- i still don't like snow
- its a darn good thing i have underground parking
- it might be time for another haircut
- i need to go to the dentist
ps...mom. what in the world are our plans for thanksgiving? i always forget to talk to you about that when i'm talking to you. and always remember at random times...like now.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
people may be a little broad, cause let's be honest...there aren't many of you that can do this. (not that i'm questioning your ability) i was talking to cindy at lunch. she asked me a question. i tried to give her an answer. she stopped me halfway through. "beth. i know what you mean. i know what you're trying to say. i understand." it was perfect! i took a deep sigh of relief. it was so nice to not have to explain myself or what was going on. she knew. she always knows...in a very uncreepy kind of way.
so here's to you! the few. the proud. the poor people who know me so well they can finish my sentences. (you know who you are....)
Saturday, November 1, 2008
if you are ever in kanab, stop by and take a peek. it's basically fantasic. fountains, waterfalls. beautiful Levi.
we went out to dinner and came home to a clean, quiet house. we actually sat and watched a movie as roommates (we are never all home together!!). no. it was not a scary movie. we watched wedding planner. truth. we were enjoying ourselves. no nasty. until there was a knock on the door. we all looked at eachother with that "were you expecting someone?" look, and ali went to look to see who it was. good thing we didn't answer the door!!! she peeked through the blinds to see a group of nasty maskers. i thought it was those stupid teenagers again, but ali said they were older guys. we didn't answer the door. but riddle me this. WHAT NASTY BOYS WOULD COME TO AN ALL GIRLS COMPLEX AT 11:50 AT NIGHT AND KNOCK ON RANDOM GIRLS DOORS TO SCARE THEM?!?!?!?! now that it is morning and i am coherent, it makes me nervous that they were not just here to scare. i am now hoping that other girls in the complex did not answer the door!! i am glad that halloween is over. stupid nasty knockers....