Tuesday, November 4, 2008

you say it best when you say nothing at all...

i love when i can talk to people and i don't have to finish my sentence. i love when i can give people that look, and i dont have to say anything at all...they know exactly what i'm thinking. i love when i say something, and people know that i don't really mean that but actually mean the complete opposite (i.e. "i'm over it")
people may be a little broad, cause let's be honest...there aren't many of you that can do this. (not that i'm questioning your ability) i was talking to cindy at lunch. she asked me a question. i tried to give her an answer. she stopped me halfway through. "beth. i know what you mean. i know what you're trying to say. i understand." it was perfect! i took a deep sigh of relief. it was so nice to not have to explain myself or what was going on. she knew. she always knows...in a very uncreepy kind of way.
so here's to you! the few. the proud. the poor people who know me so well they can finish my sentences. (you know who you are....)

4 comments:

Whitney said...

the smile on your face lets me know that you need me.

Bethany said...

yes, really. you poor, poor soul.

Melissa said...

haha like when you look at me and you don't even have to ask me to tickle your arm. haha love you

Bethany said...

you betcha. :)