Saturday, September 4, 2010

laborific

Thursday night my little sister helped me with a project. This project required us to be outside on a pleasant summer evening. Sounds nice, right?? Oh wait..summer nights=bugs...at least in utah. And by bugs I mean mosquitos. If you know me at all, you'd know I hate mosquito bites. Don't worry, the next morning, I counted, and then recounted, because I kept finding them. Final count : thirty-three...which is nothing compared to sisters thirty-six. I tried not to freak out and not scratch my legs off to bloody stumps...but I freaked out. By the end of the day i'd tried two different anti-itch remedies. I lathered myself up in cortisone cream, took a benedryl and two asprin and prayed to fall asleep quickly. Why did I take two asprin, you ask? Oh, I went into work to fill out my pre-hiring paperwork...which included a trip to the clinic to make sure I was all caught up on my immunizations. A few shots and a couple blood samples later, I was on my way...with a gentle warning that I would probably feel a little achy later. Lucky me. I survived the night...and when I'm up and doing stuff I am able to distract myself from the itch. I think I suprised a friend last night when he saw me so unhinged over some stupid squito bites. Let me repeat: I HATE SQUITO BITES.
Oh yes, while I'm thinking about it, happy labor day weekend to you. Except for me its not much of a holiday for me. Its just the day before my first day of work...meaning a holiday I'm not getting paid for. Oh well. I have plans to sit around and do nothing, which may sound lame to most of you, but I think it sounds divine.

Since starting this post I went to the mall with a friend to get some pants, and I tried on a skirt. I have pock-legs. I don't even know if that's a real term, but I'm going with it. What in the world am I supposed to wear to church tomorrow and hide my leper-legs??? This is a real predicament. I don't really have and long skirts or dresses, and heaven knows pants are out of the question. Maybe I'll throw up and become deathly ill over night. I'd hate to pass along my 24 hour bug to a slew of potential suitors.....what to do, what to do....
This is a random thought, but has to do with football re-entering my life, and by my life I mean my friends lives. I don't really follow football. I've never watched a full game. I've been in the same room as a whole game on tv, and I may have even sat through an entire game in the one and only lavell edwards stadium...but never cared to watch the whole game. Saying that, I'm probably not privvy to this opinion, but women sports-casters drive me nuts. I think we should let men do that job.
On that note, go cougs...even though I live in salt lake now, making me bleed red(or so I've been told)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

1. my count is to thirty eight now.
2. the frozen extra-lean ground beef worked GREAT. until the roommate got home, realized I was using her hamburger on my ankles and I awkwardly had to return it to the freezer.
3. I HAVE BEEN THINKING THE SAME THING. i got away with wearing some nice pants to Hayden's reception, but pants to church are out of the question. I'm suddenly feeling ill.
4. I could pass as a leper. enough said.
5. Even though this suffereing is nearly unbearable, it was worth it. I love youuu

Whitney said...

You crazies and your squito bites. Next time you can bathe in my repellent before you brave the outdoors. Love you