Monday, August 25, 2008

from rags to riches

Today I started my new job. I am an administrative assistant for a managing partner at an investment firm called Squire and Company here in Provo. I was so suprised to walk into the office this morning and see my new little cubicle with my name plate on the outside and a whole slew of goodies on my desk. A new backpack, shirts, jacket, gift certificate, jump drive...the list goes on. Everyone was so nice! Lets not forget the boss took me out to lunch at PF Changs, and the fridges on every floor filled with water bottles in case I get thirsty.

The other assistants are so great, and so kind! They are so willing to help, and that makes it a little less intimidating. Remember how I know nothing about investments? I'm pretty sure that is what I will be working with everyday, so I have a lot to learn.
I loved coming home from work, walking up the stairwell from the parking garage and seeing Ali waiting for me in the doorway. We are both professionals! This is when we realized we have very different jobs. Ali had a shaving cream war at work today with the girls at the residential treatment center where she works, and I have a free gym pass from the firm. :)



here we are with our goodies from the day! sugar shack is back!


Speaking of parking garage, I have one. I got back from California friday night and woke up early saturday morning to meet Ali to find a place to live. We had signed a contract by early afternoon and moved in by the end of the day. Miracle of miracles! Al and I are so excited to be living together again. And here we sit, side by side on the couch, watching a movie and both working on our laptops....like professionals. I'm sure she's answering some important emails while I brush up on my investment lingo, you know.
So... new apartment, new roomies, new job, new ward, NEW LIFE.

2 comments:

Ali said...

new LIFE is right!! Here we are, all together again we're here, we're here...I COULD GO ON.

Kaymee said...

Wow! you are so grown up! How fun Beth! I am so excited for you. Your job really does sound great!