Tuesday, August 12, 2008

my last week of efy.....ever?!?

I'm starting to have mixed feelings about this week. Is this my last week of EFY....ever?? Being done with school and starting my "career" I can only think that this is the last week ever. Can you imagine me asking for 8 weeks off during the summer to run around with youth? I'm sure they would be able to get along without me, right?
Ok, so this is my last week of efy. EVER. Weird. How do I feel about it? Not quite sure. If this is, in fact, my last week, could there be a better line up? I have a wonderful session director to work with, a ridiculous line up of teachers that I know and love, and don't get me started on my team. Man oh man! Great counselors and alot of kids back for round 2.
I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it. And will I cry my eyes out on Friday? Most likely.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Maybe when you are a mother of teenagers going to EFY, EFY will take you back. Think how great THAT would be. I bet your teenage children would love it too.

Meg said...

I know the pain... been there done that.... it really won't hit you till next year.. the 1st summer without EFY nearly killed me.. especially cause my roommates would come home every night in their EFY shirts and I didn't have one! It gets easier every year! Love you! Live it up this week!

Kaymee said...

i bet you were the best EFY girl ever!!!! i'm sure friday will be hard, but it wont really hit til next summer- so you've got a year to get into your job so you are too busy to notice next summer :)

Jenny Alama said...

remember how we hugged as if it was our last hug ever? NOT HAPPENING GIRL! i expect to see your face a lot when you get yourself home from the motherland. enjoy your trip. you deserve it!!! love ya!