Monday, September 1, 2008

flames of death.

I found my camera!! I was so excited to finally have these pictures from the wedding. Emily looked gorgeous...I don't know that pictures will ever do her justice! She is the first of the sugar shackers to get married, WEIRD! I would make predictions of the order the rest of us will bite the dust, but i'm afraid it would cause contention, so i will keep it to myself. :) So here we are, minus Ali, at the temple.

Alright, let's talk about it. I should be embarassed about this moment in life, but i'm trying to force myself to laugh about it so i don't cry. here it goes. I was (am) in need of a new car. In light of the new job-new life phase happening, a new car was in the works. I kept telling myself that now i could save, and by january I would have a nice little down payment saved up and go ahead and get the car of my dreams. funny how things happen.

Ryan and I were driving home from a great weekend in St. George with the fam. (Thanks for such a fun time by the way...racing on the 4-wheelers, Les Mis (I'll be at the hospital), sprinklers on the golf course) Ok, back to the road trip. Driving. Weird noises. Ryan was asleep. Smoke. Merging. Pulled over. More smoke. Opened the hood. FLAMES. Highway patrol Officer Esplin saved our lives. Called a tow truck, and luckily my other siblings were only about 20 minutes behind us on the road. My dad had me CLEAN OUT MY CAR, and told me the next step was to contact the bank and start looking into a loan for a new car. (no, i dont have wads of cash lying around and i will be making payments....why does that scare me?)

So there you have it. Today i said goodbye to the blue bullet. My college car. Gone. I think it was slightly shocking because I didn't get to wave goodbye, saying good riddens as I drove off in my new car by choice. Heaven knows, the flames under the hood were no choice of mine! I'm just grateful my brother Ryan was there so i didn't have to ride with Dave the tow man all by myself.



So now starts the car shopping. I thought this would be a joyous time in life, but i'm really intimidated by it. I have been trying to put off the whole payment stuff. I hate feeling like I have 700 "payments" and "bills". YUCK! I guess it's a part of life and will force me to budget. I am going to sit down tomorrow and figure out income and other bills and figure out what I can afford. Holy moly, I hate that. I keep telling myself that in a week, I will have a new car and everything will be alright. right? any suggestions on the car buying scene?








4 comments:

Meg said...

WOW girl! Isn't it funny how bad days make great stories! I love that! I just wanted to let you know that if you can drive a stick, I am more than willing to let you borrow my car. I am going to be working INSANE hours and would only need it off and on through the rest of this month.. so you could use often... I'm hear for you girl! And remember how my brother Pat owns a car dealership and got Alycesun hooked up.. he could do the same for you! Nothin but love! So glad you are safe!

Mindy said...

Oh, woman. I am sooo the exact same way! I held off on getting a cell phone for years because I didn't want a monthly commitment for TWO years! Ugh! I finally did buy a new car myself and ... I want to cry when I think I will be paying for it for as long as I am!! :( UGH!

Whitney said...

To the rescue! You better let me know as soon as you've got new wheels. I want to see your hot new ride.

Tiff said...

Hey love - it'll all be good. I bought a car when a started a "real person" job. Shop around for awhile and don't jump into any decisions. I held off and ended up getting my car for $100 over invoice and I love it! Used isn't always better.
LOVED seeing you. MUAH!