Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm a genie in a bottle baby...


Ok. I'm in the mood to ramble a bit, so I figure I'd catch you up on a few random things. So, in no particular order...



  • I love my job. I know I've said that before, but the last two days have been busy. The good kind of non-stressful but I have things to do busy. I like it alot. I'm a little more confident and I've decided that if I'm corrected, it's not a bad thing and I don't need to be embarassed....I'm just learning. (and I still love the soap)

  • I am EXCITED for this weekend. #1, it's conference #2, my family is coming up #3, Cindy will be here #4, Taylor's coming home (yay heather!) and #5, I get to go shopping with the Beb to help her find her dress and accesories for homecoming. Talk about living the dream. This weekend will be primo.

  • Let's focus on the fam coming in town. I love my family. Truth, I think distance makes the heart grow fonder. Even though I have alot of family close by, I don't get to see them all the time, which makes gatherings extra special. I love my siblings and have enjoyed watching us all grow up and develop our personalities. Maybe that sounds weird. I think we are all very different, but have something great to contribute - it makes weekends like this a riot.

  • I have been braiding my hair lately, and I like it. You know how all those cute girls from California do that cute little braid in the front? I tried for ages to get mine to work and be a cute little braid. My work paid off, and I have a sense of pride when people comment on my cute little braid.

  • I get to go to Lake Powell. I know, it's late in the season and the water will probably be freezing. I'm excited for a weekend away, new scenery and good company.

  • I still am not sleeping very well. I feel like I wake up with a headache every day. What is the deal?!?! I am thinking maybe I need new pillows. How often do you buy new pillows? No clue.

  • I made banana bread, and it was good. I will be making more tonight. If you want some, stop by. It's up for grabs :)

  • I am loving my ward. Everyone is friendly. Our fhe group is normal, ward prayer is outside my front door and institute is great. No complaints (unless I get called as ward chorister, and I may be jinxing myself right now...)

  • I'm making new friends. I love making new friends, especially when they live upstairs. It's funny how you can meet people and act like you've know them for ages. It's one of my favorite things. What can I say...I've still got it.

  • My team is coming to my house for queso night. That probably means nothing to everyone else, but to those on the team? No words. Can't wait to see them and catch up.

Sorry, that was a random list of goodness. Probably not goodness, but still. Congrats to cousin Teresa who had her cute cute baby this week! She looks great and I'm so happy everything went smoothly.

6 comments:

DeeAura said...

I love you and your life. :) I wish I could come eat banana bread at your house tonight...alas. :( But I would love love LOVE to see you very soon if you will permit. :)

Whitney said...

Yes. Forgot to mention during the night of Judy that I loved the braid. I was admiring and trying to figure it out. Teach that to me, would you?

Mindy said...

1. I love that photo.
2. The public DEMANDS a photo of the braid!!

Mindy said...

P.s. I couldn't agree with you more on the Mike thing ... He just comments to get stars. Curse him. He is *never* leaving the Needs to be Kicked List now!!

Mindy said...

Oh, and I am going to give you five stars for your Mike comment alone. No more comments on this post. I promise. :) Miss you!

Meg said...

What sweet things to think about... don't forget that you have an awesome new car and PEDICURES!! :)