Friday, September 26, 2008

early to bed, early to rise

yeah right.
I have been done with EFY for over a month now, but I still can't seem to get in the groove of my new schedule. I really have tried have a bedtime of 10:30 so I'm not dead tired when I wake up in the morning to be at work by 8, but there always seems to be something to distract me. They aren't bad things, but this week I've been happy to have lights out by midnight. Okay, now I'm sounding old, but I've come to terms with the fact that I can't survive on the amounts of sleep I got while I was going to school....and I can't take naps in the middle of the day like I did at EFY.
old age + early bedtime = won't fall asleep at work
I remember a time when I would wake up in the morning feeling refreshed - got enough sleep, ready for the day. Not now. Confession: I set my alarm for AN HOUR earlier than I need to get up. That's right, I'm one of those that "snoozes" for an hour because it makes me feel like I'm sleeping in. I've been told to grow up and just set the alarm for what time I really need to get up, but I've been doing this little trick for so long, I'm afraid in such a groggy state I would forget and sleep for an extra hour. I've started to wonder if my bed is not comfortable or if I need new pillows. Do I toss and turn all night long? I know I've been having weird dreams lately that make me feel like I didn't sleep as well as I could. I'm about to try weird sleeping remedies, cause let's be honest, when I sit in a cubicle all day by myself in the silence off the office (NO ONE comes to work on fridays...why am I here?!?!?) it is hard sometimes to not want to climb under my desk for a little shut eye.
Like I would ever really do that....get serious. Any suggestions for a good night sleep??

p.s. Ali is back in town from her trip, so I no longer feel like I live alone. And Cindy and I have been playing phone tag for WEEKS. I finally gave in and we have been emailing. EMAILING?!?! I know we live in different states, but seriously. Yesterday I sent her three emails because I kept forgetting to tell her things. When we finally got to talk for 4 minutes later that night she told me she had printed off the emails so that we could touch on everything. But that didn't happen in a 4 minute phone call. Goodness gracious, what are busy best friends supposed to do?!

No comments: