Wednesday, October 29, 2008

my dear my dear my dear you do not know me but i know you very well....

this poor man has called my office multiple times today, and when i answer..."squire investment, this is bethany", he responds with" hi bb-b-bbb-bbb-bbb-bb-bbb-bethany. this is so and so again."
i have never had a conversation with a stutter-er before. i didn't know what to do?!? the last time he called, he said he was trying to be humorous and it wasn't working...and then continued to stutter through his next sentance. okay, so now what am i supposed to believe. he's faking it? haha, funny joke?? or do i believe that he was just embarassed so tried to be light-hearted about it? at this point, was i supposed to laugh or stay quiet on the other end of the line? i had no idea what to do. so...i started chanting "stuttering stanley, stuttering stanley" and laughing into the phone.
really? let's be serious. i thanked him for calling back and encouraged him to call if he had any other questions. no chanting.
ps: i'm really tired. my mother called me last night to ask me a quick question and we ended up chatting till 12:40 am. "a mass-a-cree" (name that movie) i was suprised to be on time for work today, and i actually wasn't tired this morning. the after-lunch-slowness-and-ready-to-go-home time of day has kicked in, and with an hour left i'm afraid i'm going to pass out at my desk.
update of halloween work party. i am slowly getting excited about it, cause it's a KIDS party. employees kids and grandkids come in and trick or treat at my very own cubicle, so it's basically the cute fun halloween of my youth. fantastic. (ps...i got invited to a corn maze tonight, and thought about going. big group of people. good times. wait wait wait. it's days before halloween. its bound to haunted, especially in the dark of night. shoot. it looks like i have a previous engagement.)
ps: i love my institute class and am grateful for insightful, knowledgable and inspired teachers.

4 comments:

Kayce said...

This is why they don't have B battery's. If you ask for them in the store people will just think you are stuttering. B-Batteries

Unknown said...

Watch out for the Knights!

Lamb said...

your blog is a like a sick addition... I get on to read one thing and then I just get sucked in... ttttthank you.. (That was me stuttering if you couldn't tell...)

Whitney said...

Calamity Jane. As if you have to ask.