Thursday, January 8, 2009

better late than never

today i wrote down a few goals and things i want to focus on in 2009. I don't know that there is anything on there i will be able to complete and cross off. it's more of a change of lifestyle kind of list. i feel great about it.
institute on tuesday was great. (it's actually a big deal that i like institute. my dad tried to get me to go to institute at uvsc for years. he told me i should graduate from institute... which i'm pretty sure you can do, yes? i told him i would be graduating once, so i could either get my degree or graduate from institute. he told me to keep working on my degree. so the fact that i go now and love it means my dad was right all along. shoot.) as always, the lesson was fantastic and had me reflecting on a few things. who would have thought a lesson on tuesday would prepare me for events on wednesday. sorry, i'm not trying to keep you in the dark...it's just not worth me going into detail. when all is said and done, i realize more and more every day how the Lord is aware of us and gently pushing us in the right direction.
it's interesting how perpectives and incentives can change from day to day. i was over at megan and gregs last night, and they reminded me that they will have a brand new baby in 2 months. my goodness, their lives will be so different. how quickly life can shift and change. it is interesting how things can consume your thoughts one day, and the relief that can come the next day when you realize it's no longer an issue. life and timing are funny things. and i've learned the best thing to do is laugh about them. change is good. change forces you to step out of your comfort zone. change means growth. change is part of life. change is...
...exciting.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Whoa, whoa ... You've gone too far, woman! Change is ... exciting. I just threw up a little in my mouth. I agree with Meg Ryan's character 110% in You've Got Mail when she says, "People always say change is a good thing, but what it really means is that something you didn't want to happen, has happened."

Bethany said...

oh mindy. point well taken, and i agree with you. of course, it all boils down to how you want to look at it i guess. i could sit at home and eat twinkies, or i could be excited about change. don't rain on my parade, sister.

Lamb said...

Is it find him online in 2009? Is that the change?