Monday, February 23, 2009

there's no place like home...

or your home away from home. i spent the weekend up at my cousin's house in centerville, and i can honestly say it's like a second home to me. aunt barbara is like a second mother. cousins are like more siblings. it's the perfect get-away that's only and hour away, instead of five.

i just need to get a few things out there that have been on my mind. (don't worry mom...i won't post anything you won't approve of...)

i LOVE laughing. saturday night, i laid in bed with 2 cousins (yeah, it was a little cramped, but i loved it) and we laughed. laughed till i cried. it was perfect. yes, we giggled until 2:30 in the morning, and i'm tired. yes, i sang ugly song requests. perfection.

i took a sunday nap. i haven't done that in a while. with church at 1:40, by the time you get home it's not like you have the afternoon to lounge. so instead of sunday naps, you just sleep in...which isn't as gratifying. i love sunday naps.

last night i called my mother. i stepped outside, and it was nice weather. the perfect evening. so i walked. i normally do this on summer nights...stroll the streets of provo while i'm on the phone. and it was glorious. and it made me more excited for summer to get here.

i hate tax season. i never realized the stress that comes with tax season...and not that i'm particularily stressed with my responsibilites, but everyone around me is stressed. which makes me stressed. i don't really know anything about taxes, but i'm learning. it's good, but it's stressful. i've never been so excited for april 15th. come come come.

balance. oh, how i would love to have balance in my life. for no specific reason, i have felt that i could be alot better with this lately. i have not sat down to come up with an action plan, but i need to. any suggestions?

feast or famine. i don't need to explain this, and i try to laugh when this happens to me, but really...it's not funny.

i love my grandparents.

i hate waking up with headaches.

it's raining. all day. check the forecast. i'll take rain over snow ANY DAY. but why do i love the rain? first of all, there are some great sesame street songs about the rain. second. remember how my mother makes cookies everytime it rains? (obviously, growing up in vegas, this was a special treat) when it rains, i think about my mom. and it makes me want to bake. two good things--great combo.

i just turned on my space heater. and that makes me happy.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

ditto on the Sunday naps.

also looking forward to the end of winter.

i'm sorry your stressed.

balance. i hear ya. did you read that quote dad sent to all of us this morning? i thought it was really good.

i didn't get to talk to you long enough yesterday.

please list other sesame street songs about the rain besides "it's a rainy day." can't think of any others but i have to agree with you nonetheless.

good post.

Mindy said...

My space heater is on pretty much all day long. I love it.