dear future husband,
supposedly this is the phase of my life where i am preparing to meet you. i'm working hard....real hard...because i know you'll be worth it. i can only hope you are working just as hard. here are a few tips for you when we finally meet.
1. be manly...but not too manly. you are allowed to like high school musical and sing along, but i am supposed to rest my head on your shoulder. not the other way around.
2. please like to cook. don't worry, i will do my fair share of cooking, but it would be a very nice gesture of love for you to cook for me...and do the dishes...everyonce in a while.
3. don't get mad at me when my room is dirty. please.
4. i hope you are ready for a rip-roarin time with my brothers. they can be very competitive. don't let this intimidate you. they really are very kind boys and will love you because i love you.
5. please think about your shoe choice. i know it shouldn't be, but it is important to me. if i suggest a new brand of shoe for you, don't take offense, but entertain the idea of trying them on. you might end up liking them.
6. don't try to kiss me on the first date. this is the recipe for disaster, and death. if you have questions or concerns, talk to cindy and she will fill you in. bad things happen to those who can not wait.
7. you are allowed to offer compliments, as long as they are sincere...and not every 5 seconds. read my cues. sometimes i get uncomfortable if i'm told i'm beautiful every 3 seconds. what am i supposed to say back...that you're beautiful too?? hmmmm.
8. be patient with me. i'm not a good dater, and you will have to look past alot of my insecurities and flaws to see the real deal. she's in there, and it's not a waste of time to find her.
9. offer to drive. we can take my car, that's fine. but you can drive. and you can still open my passenger door for me. and yes, i'll reach over and open your door from the inside. that's how i do.
10. get ready to laugh. at me. with me. at yourself. i hear it's a great way to burn calories....and can save awkward, frustrating or stressful situations.
11. i like to buy you things. if i'm at a store and i see a shirt you would like? i'll buy it for you. this is one of the perks of me having a ritzy job. don't be afraid to return the favor.
12. i like mail. little notes on the car, things left in my wallet where you know i'll find them later, secret signals that only i know the meaning of. can't wait to wink at you from across the room and have you be the only one that knows what it means.
13. i am a sucker for tradition. i.e. traditional dating. i know i can be all talk sometimes. gently and tactfully bring me back down to earth. i will thank you later.
14. hurry. hurry up and get here.