Thursday, April 1, 2010

CONTROL.

Control is a funny thing. Last night I tried to control myself while I sat a watched an intramural basketball game with BYU Freshman ward 101 there to support the other team (oh the curses being said in my head…). I feel like I have control of my eating habits right now. I try to feel like I’m in control when it comes to boys. I do not have control of my work schedule right now, which is taking over my life (which I knew would happen, but still)

At the end of the day, I realize there is very little in my life that I have control over….and guess what: THAT’S OK.

One thing I do have control of is my attitude, and I’ve learned that no matter the situation – good or bad – my attitude can make a difference…which in a tricky way gives me a sense of control. I love working the system. I also have a theory that control and confidence work hand in hand. We can talk about that another time…but I’d love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

i did not have control over my attitude when madre told me that the dress was immodest. . .

Whitney said...

You really want thoughts on the subject? We recently had a RS lesson about the connection between confidence and virtue. Also, I think faith makes it possible to be confident even when you are not in control of the details. D&C 121:45

Sorry, that is prolly more than you wanted. You are right about attitude. And Melissa will find a modest prom dress too.

Jenny and Josh said...

I have this quote hanging on my wall at work to help me remember that I don't have control over everything but I do have control over my choices/attitude.

"Life is 10 % what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you"