Tuesday, April 6, 2010

noteworthy

dear bed,
i miss you. even when i am in you, i feel like i'm not enjoying you the way i should. i did not want to get out of you at 4:00 this morning. when i leave you, i just think about when i will see you again. other beds do not compare to you and your comfort.
i hope i get to see you sometime tonight.
love,
beth

dear work,
it's been real fun, but i'm over you. the long hours are not my style. overtime pay is great, and i love rubberband wars...but i don't like taxes. i know the deadline is coming, and i have no room to complain. thank you for providing friends for me to laugh with about silly things so that i can get through the day.
love,
beth

dear future,
i'd love to know what you are and what you have in store. until i meet you head on, best wishes.
love,
beth

dear boys,
i think about you sometimes and wonder how in the world i will ever find one of you to mesh with in that perfect way that we both want to be together - all. the. time. right now it seems impossible. i know that is not the case. i'm not giving up on you. i'll keep trying if you do.
love (the romantic kind, as my dad would say...),
beth

dear efy,
i am excited. i am nervous, and surprisingly intimidated a little bit. i think i'm the good kind of nervous - the kind of nervous that makes me work hard and do my very best. i am excited to teach and be taught. i'm excited to lead and be led. icing on the cake, i'm excited to live with grandma and grandpa. i'm counting down.
love,
beth

dear asian sensation,
you are a fantastic trainer. thank you for catering my menu to what i like. thank you for pushing me in the gym. i've decided i really don't like almonds. i'm afraid for you to pinch me tomorrow for specific reasons we will talk about. i'm not getting sick of tuna sandwiches yet, but if i eat chicken one more time i might lose my mind. telling you that is pointless when we both know i will be eating chicken for dinner for the next 4 weeks. can't wait for you to weigh me in and pinch my fat. see you at noon.
love,
beth

dear gym,
welcome to my life. i've actually enjoyed you. you give me a fantastic excuse to spend time with my brothers. i leave you feeling great. i even find myself more confident when i'm around you, which is new for me. as great as you are, you are definitely the reason my arms hurt, and my legs hurt. i think about you every time i walk up a flight of stairs and feel a little burn. see you in a couple days.
love,
beth

dear bethany,
i know life seems a little out of control right now, and that's ok. i know you have alot to do and no time to do it. you'll find the time. i know it seems a little bit like you are throwing everything in the air and you are hoping to be able to catch everything and make some sense of it. everything will work out. you have good people in your life that are here to encourage you to be happy and find success. you are happy. you will be happy. you are successful. you will continue to find success. keep on workin' hard. it will pay off in the end.
love,
beth

2 comments:

Chance said...

I really liked this. I really like you. the end.

Meggera said...

Dear Beth,
I miss you. SLC living cannot come soon enough. Please get back in my life!