Sunday, November 13, 2011

nice try, attitude.

let me tell you about a little lesson i learned about changing my attitude. i was at my sisters this weekend, and we started chatting about life. as much as my sister and i have in common, our lives are in pretty different places right now. i'm sure it has to be somewhat entertaining to hear about the ins and outs of the salt lake single life, so i try to share a few funny stories here and there. i of course shared a few frustrations, and guess what. she told me i needed to change my attitude. don't worry, she said it in a loving way, and i didn't take offense to it at all. i think it's something i knew in my deep downs, but didn't feel like actually doing it.

it wasn't a part of the conversation that we talked about for a long time. it really was a topic that came and went, but this morning when i woke up and knew i had to deal with one of those things that had been rubbin me the wrong way, i knew i had a choice to make.

did you know it's easier to deal with things when you have a positive attitude? did you know sometimes you have to learn the same lesson several times before it actually sticks? today i found excitement replacing feelings of frustration.

so, boo yah.

1 comment: