Wednesday, July 23, 2008

everything's sexier in paris...

at least that's what the billboard says in front of the paris hotel. have i been down to the strip twice in the past two days? yes siree bob, you betcha! my team headed down on saturday for our trip to the veg that we've been planning since our first week working together. of course, we had a blast!
a few highlights from the trip:
- hoover dam . . . and every joke that seemed appropriate afterwards
- cheesecake factory
- shopping
- the dark knight . . . "would you like to know how i got my smile??"
- STRAT-O-SPHERE
- heavyweights . . . "congratulations mr. sims, you're the fattest boy in camp"
- shopping "check out my new watch!"
- pillow talk
- breakfast, real breakfast. EVERY DAY!
- naps
- in-n-out
- shopping, at the hardware store, i mean H&M
- accents :)
- bellagio
- sleeping in!
loved having them here!! and why was it so funny and pathetic that it was sad to say goodbye? we'll see eachother again on sunday and be together ALL WEEK LONG!!
other news, my dear friend emily burgess is engaged to rey florez. it is a quick engagement, but i could not be more thrilled! they are getting married on my last day of efy, so i'm going to try to work it to be there for some of the day's events. other news...ali got her job in spanish fork and started TODAY! i am so excited, and it is now her official job to find us housing in provo. yes, us. i am almost positively sure i'm back in p-town. i'm still looking for a job, but i have a good feeling about the provo scene. i love efy. i love my team. i love the summer. but i'm tired, and am ready for real life to settle in again. i'll post pictures soon!

3 comments:

Jenny Alama said...

what a family trip... you forgot about the crumbs in your, um, lap on the way down. great way to start off. love you mom!

Mindy said...

Riiiiiight, like I believe *any* engagement story you write on this thing anymore!!! :)

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

um. I LOVE YOU! I love that you have a blog. I love that even though we are far away I can still see your gorgeousness and know what's going on in your everyday amazingness. And I'm really sorry about the stinky phone problem we had on Sunday. I kind of didn't know that playing with a blue tooth while its not being used will mess up a phone call...and by "mess up a phone call" I mean making Brian's phone not work for a while afterwards. Oops. WE MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU!