Thursday, October 9, 2008

cleaning checks?!?!

I sat here trying to remember the last time I had a cleaning check...like management coming in and checking the blinds to make sure there is no dust. I haven't had a cleaning check since I lived in Carriage Cove!!! That was over four years ago, folks.
And now I'm back. When I got home the other night and the list of assignments was on the kitchen table, it all came back to me. Of course, I was the last one home and so the last one to choose my "list of chores". Don't you hate when they leave the worst jobs for you? This time I got lucky. Clean the living room and the blinds? Done. Of course I still have to clean my portion of the bathroom and my bedroom, but still. I was also reminded of how they tell you what cleaning products to use to clean what. Really though?? I hate cleaning checks. This morning Ali came in my room and sat on my floor with me while I tried to pick out an outfit to wear. We were trying to make plans for the weekend.
"What are you doing Friday night??"
"Cleaning"
Barf. I hate cleaning checks. And I would say that I'd clean tonight so I can play tomorrow, but by Saturday, the dust would have returned to the blinds and I would have to pay for them to come back another time and check it again. So stupid. When we moved in they actually suggested that we wipe down the blinds the morning of the cleaning check to make sure we pass. Seriously? So much for sleeping in on Saturday. I've got to wake up to wipe down the blinds. What a joke.

1 comment:

Meg said...

yOU CRACK ME UP!! 4YEARS of no cleaning and one night is killing you!! How I love you so much! I will be thinking of you and your blinds this weekend.