Friday, October 3, 2008

dress for success

What if you could shop and get paid for it? DONE.
Reason #63 why I like my job: We (and when I say we, I mean all the female employees) are going to Ann Taylor today for a Dress for Success event. We are having a fashion show. And if the fashion show ends early? We get to shop. Ask me if I'm a model. Yes. Ask me if I went in earlier this week and had them pick me out a shnazzy outfit to wear in the fashion show. You betcha. Ask me if I'm convinced I now need to own pants from Ann Taylor. I would be a happy woman. Ask if you can come.
NO. NADA. NILCH. NO WAY, JOSE.
Sorry. No hurt feelings, right? Maybe I'll take pictures, and let you touch my new pants that I might break down and buy.
Icing on the cake. I get to go shopping again today....with the Beb to shop for homecoming goodness. Life. Is. Good.

3 comments:

Meggera said...

Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft are my FAVORITE stores! For so so many reasons...but mostly because I know that when I walk in there their pants will fit...and in the right size! Why do you think that when I worked there I didn't bring home much of a pay check...?! Check the sales rack, there are always great clothes there!

Ali said...

remember how right when you told me about your fashion show I said (loud and with excitement) "CAN I GO??????" You politely told me it was during working hours. Hahaha. I know you strutted your stuff girl...get it.

Mindy said...

Shut-up. I want to go shopping all on my non-profit organization!! I want to see the pants too!