Wednesday, January 5, 2011

i should have known better....

yesterday was a normal day at work, until the doctor said we needed to prep the minor procedure room for a patient. still kind of normal, right? until the patient had an 8 month old baby that needed tending to during the 30 minute procedure.

this baby was cute, so not a problem. i could stand in the hallway and play with a cute baby for 30 minutes! don't worry, the patient was waiting for a phone call about carpool, so i was given her phone to answer any calls. psssh. like i don't know how to coordinate carpool. piece of cake. remember how mid procedure the doctors cell phone rang and he asked me to answer it? and yes, i spoke to his father about his recent doctors appointment.

just to clarify, now i have a baby and two cell phones. and it's been 45 minutes, not 30. using my baby magic, i rocked that little one to sleep. and then waited another 45 minutes for the doctor to finish the procedure. yes. and hour and a half later i handed that baby over to his mother and relieved myself of two cell phones.

i'm not complaining. it was great. i love babies, and did i mention that this baby was cute? way cute. and very happy. but he was a chunker.

today my arms are killing me. like it hurts to lift them. bad.

i should have known better....

4 comments:

Lamb said...

Wow I didn't know that you worked in a daycare/telephone agency... Is there anything you can't do? I am sure that baby loved you. Do you need to come to the gym with me to work on those arms? The invitation is always open though I am not much better...

Brad said...

you are amazing!

Lindsay said...

This made me smile. You're too cute - I'm sure that baby LOVED you! :)

Whitney said...

Motherhood is not for wimps! You will be an amazing mother someday.