Monday, September 26, 2011

are you my mother?

remember how i used to live at grandmas house....like a year ago?? great. keep that in mind as i tell you a little story.

my home teachers came tonight. for some reason it's been difficult to get my records sent to my current ward. i don't quite understand how it's so difficult. i live in the boundaries. i have a calling. i've been set apart. i go to meetings. but for some reason, my name still isn't on the rolls. hmmm.

so when i got a call from my home teachers tonight, i was thrilled! my records are finally in my ward, and i finally have home teachers of my own!!

they came, but they were late. don't worry, they went to grandmas house first...because for some reason they still had that address??? i was confused, but whatever. i gave them my new address and they were on their way.

they got to my house. we started chatting. and thats when they said i didn't look very familiar. hmmm. thats ok. "i keep to myself at church" "i've been gone alot this summer" blah blah blah....but let's be serious, they didn't look familiar either. and that's when i put it together.

they weren't in my ward. they were in the olympus ward. i am in the foothill ward. again, my records are still not in the ward they are supposed to be in. it was really awkward for about 2 mintues when we were both talking about how great the ward was and how we woudln't want to be in another ward....only to realize we were both talking about different wards. yes, it happened. in my living room.

so there you have it. i don't exist in the ward i'm supposed to, but those sweet boys got their hometeaching done...bless their 21 year old hearts. and one of those boys might get to come up and shadow some of my doctors to see if he would be interested in ophthamology...which is the least i could do to thank him for ending the hometeaching famine.

does anyone else want to be my hometeacher next month? just in case my ward can't figure out my records by then......

4 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

...And now I know the rest of the story. What a night. Love you, B.

Katie said...

I'll be your home teacher! I don't do blessings though...

Leanne said...

hahah. hilarious! :)

Ali said...

Hahahaha that would happen to you, b. Love it, though ii do hope ytou get your very own home teachers asap.